Photo

How is the best way to move an assembly to the second floor?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

For example, let's say you have the first and second floor 95% finished and the customer asks to add an elevator which makes you have to redesign the staircase and entry on both floors.  You have it edited on the first floor and it's a neat little package that can just be duplicated line for line on the second floor but it's got curves, angles etc. that means it's going to be a bear to trace. 

What is the best way to get that assembly installed on the second floor drawing with the least amount of time spent?

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

Place everything you want to copy in a selection. Go to the "Edit" ribbon and choose "Copy to SoftPlan Clipboard". Now go to the 2nd floor and from the same edit ribbon choose "Paste from SoftPlan Clipboard" and choose the "Hold Position" option. I use these 2 command so much that I have them on a keboard shortcut.

• Brent Hyndman likes this

#3 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

Make sure you have the circular reference point on each floor and in the same location when you do the copy/paste.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

I was going to suggest that too, but thinking about it, if the model works fine, the HOLD position should be in exactly the same place anyway.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

All good points made above. Should get into the habit of adding the circular reference point anyways.

In case you don't know how to make a selection set in SoftPlan, use 'CTRL+ Left click' to select the items you wish to add to the selection set.

#6 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

Thank you all.  I knew you would have an answer for me.

• Brent Hyndman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users