#1 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

I am working on a project that has numerous iterations and revisions. I would like to store the older drawings in a separate folder in the navigation window. Is there a way to customize the nav window and add folders?

Attached Files

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

#2 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

I have run into this problem also.  I just created a folder using windows called "Old Drawings" and used windows to move the drawings that I don't need, but don't want to delete to the new folder.  It didn't cause me any problems but make sure none of the drawings you are moving are loaded into the model or open.  I placed the new folder in the project folder.

• Edward Shannon likes this

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

No, you can't add folders to the navigation window.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

I did call tech support to ask them, and yes, Keith is correct! Dennis, I will look into what you are suggesting. Perhaps when I do a "save as" I can direct the old scheme to the new folder?

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:05 AM

Perhaps an option you could use is the Save>Save Project Revision which will save an entire copy in the same project under REVISION

#6 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

I did call tech support to ask them, and yes, Keith is correct! Dennis, I will look into what you are suggesting. Perhaps when I do a "save as" I can direct the old scheme to the new folder?

I don't know how you can do it under SP but using Windows tools outside of SP I've done it several times.

#7 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Dennis,

Edward is referring to the addition of a tab or named title in the Navigation window, not a folder in the project.

#8 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Dennis,

Edward is referring to the addition of a tab or named title in the Navigation window, not a folder in the project.

I understand that.  And there doesn't seem to be a way to do what he was asking for.  What I was suggesting was a work around to what I think his actual goal is.  That would be to move but not lose the old floor plans to a storage location to clean up his navigation panel.  If you look at the screenshot that he pasted his drawing list covers the page so that he has to use the slider to access something.  Having that many old, and unused, drawings still in the list would drive me crazy.

If I misinterpreted his ultimate goal, well then that's the risk you take when you assume to know the other person's thoughts. 

• Edward Shannon likes this

#9 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

I hear you Dennis. The navigation window gets too long too fast. Wish we had a way of turning off some of the headings and adding others as we choose.

• Keith Almond, Edward Shannon and Tracy Guest like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users