#1 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

MODELING THE PROJECT IN SOFTPLAN IS NOT AN OPTION!

I like that SoftPlan has the ability to paint "real" textures on 2D images, but I have a gripe.
The precision is no where close to allow me to give these to anyone.
If you zoom way out, not too bad, but not that great either. If you zoom in, there are jagged areas around where it should be smooth and you cannot paint those missing aareas or the paint goes crazy.

I will have to resort to Photoshop which will take a bit longer to do, but I can certainly count on the precision.

Does anyone have a workaround for creating these colored elevation type of presentations?
MODELING THE PROJECT IN SOFTPLAN IS NOT AN OPTION!

Attached Files

#2 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

I use a variation on Keith’s method. But instead of using model paint I pull the elevation model into the plan set sheet. Then I generate a drawing from the same elevation and erase what I don’t need, change the line thickness, and add any notes. Then I pull that drawing into the same sheet and line it up on top ove the live model.

Attached Files

• Thomas Davis likes this

#3 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

I use a variation on Keith’s method. But instead of using model paint I pull the elevation model into the plan set sheet. Then I generate a drawing from the same elevation and erase what I don’t need, change the line thickness, and add any notes. Then I pull that drawing into the same sheet and line it up on top ove the live model.

I know how to do it if I have a model in softplan.

This is for a FLAT 2D elevation, like you would do in Photoshop.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:41 PM

I agree, if as you say MODELING is not an option, then Softplans PAINT falls short. It's the only program I've EVER seen that doesn't paint completely inside a shape. Most times it's acceptable, but sometimes when using image paint it only paints a portion of the shape you need.

• Thomas Davis likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

I used to do that too. Although I found that lining them up wasn't as easy as saying "LINE IT UP".

I opened an old drawing last week, and was puzzled for quite a while as too how I created the painted elevations, until I remembered the OLD method.

I see your using the WHITE pen method too Heath, was that as a result of my post or did you develop that independently?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

I used to do that too. Although I found that lining them up wasn't as easy as saying "LINE IT UP".

I opened an old drawing last week, and was puzzled for quite a while as too how I created the painted elevations, until I remembered the OLD method.

I see your using the WHITE pen method too Heath, was that as a result of my post or did you develop that independently?

Imitation is the highest form of flattery ;)

#7 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:01 AM

Btw I have no problem lining them up. Usually works first try but if I need to I just use the move command and the number pad to move it an exact amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users