6 replies to this topic

#1 AJ Spino

AJ Spino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

My dimension lines have shot through my work space.  I brought this to the attention of Tech Support but they had no idea what caused the issue.  Their solution is to block move the dimensions to where they belong.  That works, but each time I go into profile mode I have to move the dimension...oddly enough it's always the dimensions at the top of the drawing. 

Has anyone else expeienced this?

Attached Thumbnails

• weird dimensions.jpg

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Not experienced it ...

Is there anything out there, on a non displayed layer or drawing mode (although I would have expected tech support to find it it there was!). Try go into visible items and check show everything.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

Have you looked at the 'Inner String Placement' dimension under 'Dimension Options'? .. is it inadvertently set to some huge dimension? (if you're using auto dimension)

I've had the odd extension line stretch out of whack when I block move a drawing, but Ctrl C clears that up, ..

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

I think if it was an Inner String Placement, then it would have happened on the other three sides too.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

True enough.

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#6 AJ Spino

AJ Spino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:09 PM

Not experienced it ...

Is there anything out there, on a non displayed layer or drawing mode (although I would have expected tech support to find it it there was!). Try go into visible items and check show everything.

Keith,

I checked the visible items and went over the area with a fine toothed comb...didn't find anything.  I did discover it does the same thing when I auto dimension the drawing.

Douglas, I tried Cntrl. C...does't help this issue.

#7 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Hi AJ

Did you check each level of the drawing (roof, floor, ceiling, etc…) see if something was left out there? I’m sure you tried a ‘block cut’ of the entire area! How about if you started a new project file and auto-dimension the new test walls – if it had the same problem then you would know it’s something in your settings – if it dimensions just fine then you know it’s something in your original drawing that’s the problem.

Hope this might have helped some!!! :mellow:

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users