7 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

I created a new symbol (rebar) 2D only. I only need them on the foundation/floor system layer. How do I get in the floor system?  Is there a way to save out the floor system drawing by itself to do this or am I just missing something. 

As a side question is there a way to making a simple brochure type of floorplan to give a builder client? no demensions, notes ect.

#2 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

Jonathan when drawing go to the floor system mode to generate the floor system.

After the floor system is edited you will be able to generate a drawing from the toolbar

in the floor system mode.

Attached is a quick top down floor plan rendering generated using the Presentation tool on the

side bar. The presentation can be rendered in any of the modes available for the 3D renderings.

Attached Files

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

Under the MODE dropdown menu where it says DRAWING (probably top right), there are a number of options FLOOR SYSTEM amongst them where you can add the rebar.

As to your side question, SAME method MODE dropdown menu, and you can either use ROOM MODE or tailor one of the CUSTOM MODES to suit.

Under DRAWING OPTIONS (or SYSTEM OPTIONS), you can adjust the MODE VISIBLITIES to show or NOT SHOW almost anything you want. First though, cycle through all the MODES so you can see what each mode shows.

When creating a planset, you can add multiple instances of the same floor plan and use different modes to show different items ... i.e. FLOOR SYSTEM, ELECTRICAL etc.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

Thank you. I figured out the floor system for the slab/foundation but I realized that you need to do the rebar symbol first, then dimension before doing the footers or you cant snap the extension to the rebar symbol (unless I missed an option somewhere) I made sure the symbol extension is turned on and that the rebar symbol is not visible on other layers ect. 

Keith do I have to "save as" each mode to the floor plan sub heading in order to put it on the plan sets.  I cant just change modes on the mainfloor and throw it on a blank plan set correct?

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

No, you don't ... and yes you can.

Every time you save the floor plan, you save everything in ALL the modes.

When you add the floor plan to the planset, you can right click and change the display mode in the planset itself. So add the plan three times to the planset, leave one displaying as the floor plan, right click the second and change the display to electrical, and right click the third and change the display to floor system etc. etc.

Experiment and see how they work.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#6 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:37 AM

Thank you Keith

I noticed that there is no texture on the 2d plan sets such as shingles, or dots to represent stucco, stone ect. I played around with it and see that Paint has patterns for most of this but I cant find one for stack stone.  Can you make or add new patterns? if so how?

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

Yes, you can make any pattern you want. See HELP > ADDING PAINT PATTERNS TO PAINT LIBRARIES ... Although to be honest, I prefer to draw the paint pattern and then drag the paint definition template over it.

There should be some stacked stone paint patterns though, do you have Softplan+ or not?

Can you post a picture of the sort of stone you are looking for?

Keith

#8 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

I figured it out thanks to some of your old post and others in the forum. I added a picture to the program and drew out a stack stone 2d and saved as a paint.  

Thanks again for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users