#1 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

This is scary. I try to open many plans this morning and it stops at a grey screen as shown. Some plans will open (I think older plans) but the ones I worked on lately can't seem to open.

I erased the .spp in one to regenerate and that didn't help. I went thru windows and opened the plan thru one of the .spd files. The big problem is that my correct building options are not there anymore and it seems to have defaulted to a very old building options which screws up all my plans and many building options now are on the default option. When in that plan, I can't click on the Softplan support button as it's greyed out. All plans are on a server.

The only thing that I did yesterday was to load Softplan on my new computer thru the Remote Desktop Connection. I tried to open Softplan on the new system thru the remote connection to finalize the installation and upload the additional content. I was unable to because it kept asking for the key even if I installed it on the new computer. Did a driver update has identified but didn't change anything. Removed and re-installed the key and did a reboot but that didn't work. So I figured that I would wait for our tech this afternoon to transfer the new computer instead of the old one and see if I could then do it directly. But now, I can't work on the old one because of all the problems openings the files.

Any ideas

Attached Files

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Ok, seems like I can now open the different plans. The problem is the one I erased the .spp file still has all the problems with the building options. The odd thing also is that the 1rst time I opened it earlier, the site plan was not part of the assembled model anymore. Now, neither is the 2nd floor.

This is a project with a lot of building options combinations so I don't want to have to rebuild everything! I just sent a ticket but tried to recover the project thru the .spp in teh recovery. The problem is that it's not a copy of the project that I could just save but a lot of plans at different stages. Can this be done?

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

WARNING! I taught I saw users deleting the spp file (or I'm mistaken) but if you do, see warning from tech support;

You should avoid opening the recovery spp files directly. Deleting the spp file from the origonal fodler and letting the program generate a new one will remove any building option names, plan set links and other custom settings. Rather we should copy a spp file from the recovery folder, take it into the original folder, delete the original spp and rename the recovery version to the recover name (remove the -00# from the name).

This should be done thru Windows!

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

Wow.  Sorry this happened to you Yvon but appreciate you passing on the intel.  I have been deleting the original spp file when i have had problems.  Never noticed options and links resetting but duly noted

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users