#1 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

When changing an option in one of the menus it might take 4 picks to get to the item you want to change.  When you make the change the menu closes.  If you made the wrong choice or are trying out different things to find out what effect they have you have to make those 4 picks over and over again.  Or maybe you have several changes to make.  Is there a way to keep the menu open until you are finished?

If there is not then this might be a nice addition.

#2 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

Can you give a specific example for us to go through?

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

An example for me (made the suggestion a couple of times because it wastes a lot of time) is when you use the Edit>Change Symbol and you can only do one at the time and go thru the whole process per items. If it's Speed Notes or Electrical, it adds another step because it will default back to Symbols. I want to be able to, for example, select Edit>Change Symbol>Electrical and change as many as I need to before it closes.

Thanks

#4 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

Yes.

Say you are in electrical and you want to have something show up that you have drawn with lines.  you click the big A in the corner.

Then "drawing options", then "drawing options" again. then expand "mode visibilities" then click "electrical" then "drawing items" then "paint lines or shapes" or whatever.Then you click "OK" to exit and see the result. 

That's 8 clicks if you get the effect you want and if not then 8 clicks to undo and 8 more to try another option.

It would be nice if you could execute the option without closing the menu so you could undo without re-entering the menu.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

You can customize the keyboard to make virtually every key work how you want it too. I have Visibilities set on "v" so that saves quite a few keystrokes.

So you would like an APPLY button to apply the changes and OKAY to close the menu like a lot of standard windows menu's? Sounds like a good idea to me!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

You can customize the keyboard to make virtually every key work how you want it too. I have Visibilities set on "v" so that saves quite a few keystrokes.

So you would like an APPLY button to apply the changes and OKAY to close the menu like a lot of standard windows menu's? Sounds like a good idea to me!

You got it.

I am customizing the keyboard as I go and figure out which commands I use most often. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users