#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hello All,

I am creating as built drawings for a renovation project.  The house has many angled walls, and I am able to get all the 45 degree ones to exactly match the construction drawings.  I have another one where the wall needs to be angled to allow a 24" offset one way, and a 36" offset the other.  I can get it very close, but not to where the dimensions come out as whole numbers.  I know I can override the dimension labels, but there should be a way to draw this accurately, right?  The dimensions across the bay shown should be 3', 3', 6'-8", and 3'.  Any guidance would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

Attached Files

#2 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 17 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

Draw a line that works with the dimensions you need then use the align command to get the wall to match.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

Alternately, move the cross hairs with the keypad to specific areas and drop construction points, and then snap the wall to the construction points.

OR the easiest way ... draw a horizontal line and a vertical line offset the vertical line 3', 3', 6'-8" and 3' and offset the horizontal line 2'-4" then snap your walls to the intersections.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, guys.  One issue I was having was my walls were set to draw from the centerline, so they didn't snap as expected.  changing that and using all lines instead of a mix of some lines and walls got it to work.

#5 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

Or you have to match the bumpout number with the angle wall width number. All the numbers would read 3' except the 6'-8" wall in the middle for softplan to except it. Whats the difference in useing lines or overrideing the numbers?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users