4 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:06 PM

Hello,

I have an exterior wall light drawn on the rear of a house that shows up on my elevations. On the right side I have three wall mounted "savoy" lights that will not show up on the elevation.  I create an elevation via a detailed drawing.  I use 'textured' then save it as a softplan drawing.  In the past I have not noted this.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

#2 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

Jay,

I keep trying to get them to not show up so I can help but they show up in every mode... Try and make a real simple new drawing and see if they show up. I feel your frustration though.. I've been there. Are they below grade or something like that?  offset?  Put another type of light on the same wall and see if it shows up.

Put the same savoy light on the rear wall that the other lights are showing up on? Edit the light and under the common tab make sure you have the extract in model tab checked?

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Does the symbol of the SAVOY light show the 3D correctly in the edit window when edited?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

If you go to the drawing symbol library and edit the light fixture you have the option of displaying in both "section" and "elevation" views. You can make the change in the system symbol library so you won't have to edit it the next time you use that symbol.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#5 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:24 AM

Martin, this worked great.  I appreciate the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users