#1 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:33 AM

I am not sure how many of you deal with AutoCAD files but I get a lot of them from surveyors and engineers. We chose not to have a license for AutoCAD some time ago because we just use SoftPlan exclusively. Usually I will bring in the file with the Import function into SoftPlan in order to take measurements and overlay my buildings. But I guess that a recent new release of AutoCAD has prohibited the Import function from working.

As a tip to anyone else that encounters this issue, I have been also using the free Autodesk DWG TrueView in order to open and view and measure off of AutoCAD files for years. There is also a built in function there to down convert the newer AutoCAD files back to earlier years and then of course SoftPlan has no problem importing them. Just in case anyone needed to know that.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

I've been using the FREE NanoCAD 5.0 which works exactly like I remember my AutoCAD 2000i working, which was the last AutoCAD licence I owned.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Ken Ledoux

Ken Ledoux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

Are there any tricks to importing AutoCAD drawings (individual sheets) without text changing and everything thrown about?

I did change the SP drawing to Ariel for everything but it still imports as larger SPHAND text.

Everything is imported, but It would be nice to have it reproduced as shown.

Regards, Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users