• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie Abshire

Jamie Abshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to set a global default brightness for all lighting symbols, or if there is a way to modify the library definition of a symbol to a set brightness.

I have been working on getting better 3D renderings and have found a good set of texture and rendering options that works well with 90% of the default softplan textures, but as soon as I turn on lights in symbols they are WAY too bright and wash everything out. So I have been having to select all of my lighting and bring the brightness down to 2 for every symbol for every plan.

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

once you edit the light levels in the system libraries then they will work that way the next time you use them. If you edit them after you add them to the drawing then you are only changing the drawing library. However, if you select all of the fixtures in the drawing you can set the lighting levels en mass

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#3 Jamie Abshire

Jamie Abshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

When editing electrical symbols in the System Library I'm not finding any way to adjust the brightness of any of the symbols. Would I have to explode an existing symbol and edit it's light source and re-add it back to the system library?

#4 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:56 AM

Unfortunately. We have suggested and hope that Softplan will allow in the next version the possibility to modify symbols to a certain level without having to constantly redo along with links and textures.

#5 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

I made a post saying you could edit the system library item. I was mistaken. I wonder what the rational for only having access to the lighting level at the drawing level or when the item is created. If you are using the same light fixtures all the time (like me) create a new one and set the light levels at that point. It only takes a minute per fixture.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

A suggestion has been made to allow access to the Light settings at the System/Drawing Library level.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Light, Brightness, Bright, Global, 3D, Render

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users