5 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

I may be missing something really simple here in roof or framing options but is there any way to see a 1x trim fascia accurately on top of a 2x sub fascia in section views?  I've been really trying to working on my sectioning and framing skills lately, and seem to notice they always "overlap" as if they share the same outside face.  What am I missing?

Thanks!  

Attached Thumbnails

• fascia.JPG
  • fascia2.JPG

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs
Office: 919.630.1224

Your future is in our plans

#2 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

The attached file may also help show what I'm looking for.  Is there anyway to setup roof options to show a sub fascia and 1x fascia as it would be built?  I've played around with shawdowboard options, which kinda gets close.  Not sure if that is the way to handle this, but hoping there is a way to have this generating as I draw the roof.  Hope this makes sense.

Attached Thumbnails

• Subfascia.png

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Unfortunately, SP does not like to build roofs the way they'd actually be done in real life. So, if you want sub-fascia and fascia to look correct, you need to draw the sub-fascia and then move it in the thickness of your fascia. You will also have to adjust your truss or rafter tails to the new inside edge location of the sub-fascia. Most of the roof framing will look good then. I suggest placing it on a layer or building option that you can lock. Don't worry, it will still mess up if you change anything on your roof, so make sure you are done messing around before going through the process. Then, don't hit clean up ever again as it will all get messed up.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Mark.  I had a feeling it was going to be more involved than a few simple check boxes, or me misinterpreting certain settings.  Regardless, I'll just keep referencing to my stock section details, but it sure would be nice to see this in the model and then have it generate a section from that, avoiding a step or two in the drafting process.  Oh well.  Thanks again!

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

#5 Rick Kingsbury

Rick Kingsbury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationSpearfish, SD

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

Mark,

Maybe make a suggestion in the Product Suggestion forum.

#6 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:42 AM

Hi Rick,

Seems it has already been requested per SP support reply.  Guess I'm not alone!  Maybe we will see it in a future release.

Attached Thumbnails

• subfascia.JPG

• Tom Rogers likes this

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users