#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Is there a way to create a patio door or show one that is partially open.  I have a builder that is requesting that look of an exterior patio door on the floor plan.  I don't currently see any way to create that.

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:22 PM

You know you CAN do that don't you ...

You just have to create a new symbol for a patio door, closed, partially open and open, and link them with 3D models the same way I did on the corner patio door "we" created.

Is it worth the time spent ... absolutely not.

To what purpose would he like to see the patio door open on the floor plan? That seems like a very demanding request. Just tell him it doesn't do that!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Daniel Zanoli

Daniel Zanoli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:33 AM

Wants to be sure on the direction of the slide? As designers we can tell the direction. As the homeowner their not sure? left or right? 

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

The way that Softplan shows them they look like face sliding (all going one direction), the ones that we are using the two center pieces (out of four panels) slide left and right so that it opens in the center.  I dont need ti to be shown in 3D or model just in plan.  I am not one to say that it cant be done if I can find a way to make it work.  In addition it actually does not make sense why on swing doors you can show them open ( and at various degrees) but in patio doors there is not a way.

You say it an be done Keith, but do I need to create a new custom plan layout?  That is where I was confused.  I thought I could make it work by using two separate standard sliding doors, shown "open" somehow and creating the symbol that way for the plan view.  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

Yes, you could simply create a new plan symbol and link it with a patio door, but it think it would throw out the opening schedule. You can't actually create a custom door opening symbol as far as I'm aware.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

My "tell" on the operation of a sliding door is the operator is always on the interior side as it is in the "real world"

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#7 Martin Wrobel

Martin Wrobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

I agree with Tom. We need the patio doors in plan view to have the active door shown 1/2 open. I would also like the barn doors to show 1/2 open also. It is hard to for the home owners to see the barn doors in plan view. 

• Keith Almond likes this

Martin Wrobel

Superior Home Design

Michigan

Softplan 2024

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)\

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

64GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 850W Power Supply

#8 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

I also think it would be nice to be able to show the panel open.  We use Pella windows and doors quite often and the Pella patio doors have the active panel on the OUTSIDE.  This is confusing to home owners as they are used to seeing the active panel on the inside.

I think the same should be an option for the barn doors as well.  They are very difficult to see on the plan, especially if you are printing at a smaller scale.

• Keith Almond likes this

#9 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

Martin,

Like Michael says - with Pella, the active door is on the outside. I try to always direct that final hinging and styles are on the window/door supplier and should be reviewed with them before ordering.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#10 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

for the 3d just change it to a French door then you can do that I don't think they will not see the difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users