• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Raymond Cook

Raymond Cook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

So, here is my question: When I make a wall (save it) and then edit it to be a foundation wall (save it) and then make them both “Step Walls”  then when I build the walls in 3D rendering they do not match up i.e., bottom of wall to the top of the foundation wall – there is a big gap between the two.  I do use a reference point. The only way I have been able to get the top and bottom of the two wall to match up is to edit each individual step in each of the step walls.  Is that how its done or is there an easier way?

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:59 PM

I may be dense, but I'm not following the question. Can you post a couple of pictures illustrating the problem?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:18 AM

I second Keith. I guess the 1rst starting point is when you mention reference point, do you mean any reference point because only the circle one affects your assembly (stacks together).

#4 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Yes Ray, I do believe you have to edit the bottoms of the walls- but I could be wrong. For other folks here: Ray is a long time user so my guess is that he hasn't used that tool before.

#5 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

If I understand you correctly, you might want to look into using the "Transition " function of walls. This allows you to specify where the transition occurs between the wood wall and the concrete wall. Place the bottom of the concrete wall where you want it and then use the "Align wall Tops" tool to bring all the wall tops in line and then finally use the "Transition" tab of the wall to adjust where the concrete ends and the wood wall begins. Keep in mind that your wall definition has to be set up correctly to enable this transition function.

#6 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Was that available in 2014 Philip? I don't remember.

#7 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:51 AM

My bad. I didn't realize this was posted under the 2014 forum. The " Transition " feature was introduced in version 2018.

#8 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

Yes, one of the best features of 2018

#9 Raymond Cook

Raymond Cook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys and gals, Gary thanks for your input as it seems to be correct in that there is no way to match up the top and bottom of the step walls other than editing each section which I have done..  Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users