7 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:33 AM

i am doing a addition on a existing basement foundation I like the audo basement but I have a craw space and then a garage next to craw space 

the garage set up itself but the craw space I can not set the offset on that . I seam all ways have a problem when I change the off set I think but not

sure if I put in a layer it will only change that one but they all seam to change I would like to better understand where to put the plan in layer or building layer

Thank For any Help Ron 

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

First, layers don't affect the offsets. They affect if items on a layer are turned on or off in terms of visibility on the floor plan.

What you have to be careful with are Position>Level on Floor Systems where you can set a different level for different floors (including slabs) which you'll have different offsets for.

What you have to be careful with also is when assembling your model because changing an offset will affect how they stack together.

Use the Circle reference point in the same area on all your levels to lock together the offset at that point. This way, if you need to offset some walls at a different offset, it will not change all your offsets.

#3 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Yvon i am still not sure but i will play with it and hopefulley i can get

thanks again

#4 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

If you still have problems, if you can post some images, we might be able to help you more.

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Hi Ron.

It's all about the offsets. If you have a basement, a crawl space and a garage you may need to adjust the crawl space wall heights and offsets. The garage is automatic based off of the existence of a garage door being drawn in the garage.

The garage walls will draw flush with the top of the basement walls. That said, if the basement walls are 8'-0" tall with a 0.000" offset, and if the garage walls are 4'-0" tall, they will have a 4'-0" offset 'UP' in order to have their tops even with the 8'-0" basement walls.

Use the following equation to determine the heights and offsets for walls: Total Height(Top of an Item) = Wall Height + Offset 

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email Support for assistance.

• Gary McKeon likes this

#6 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:21 AM

Brent i did that but the garage foundation stays the same height as the craw space Brent i tryed ti attach this file not sure how to exatly how to

do that but if this works the plans you would look at are new floor plan attic stairs plan 2 also basement

#7 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Hi Ron.

You'll need to send an email to support@softplantech.com and attach the files to the email.

Remember to include your key number, current SoftPlan version and a description of the wall heights hat you want.

I sometimes recommend that you make a simple sketch of the walls as boxes to help you to visualize and calculate the required offsets. With that information the offsets and heights are easily manipulated.

Attached Files

• John Jones and Gary McKeon like this

#8 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:41 AM

thank You  Brent i will do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users