• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

I exported a softplan drawing to dwg for my engineer to look at. He made changes to the dwg using autocad can I import that back into softplan? and if so what are the steps. Thank you

#2 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 06 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

click on "IMPORT" then "DWG"

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:27 AM

You can import back as per Dennis instruction but it will not revert back to full Softplan drawings (lots of lines instead of walls, etc...)

#4 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

You can import back as per Dennis instruction but it will not revert back to full Softplan drawings (lots of lines instead of walls, etc...)

That is correct.

I place the new drawing on a unique layer, then move the imported drawing into place and just use it to guide my edits to get my SP drawing to match  the engineer's drawing.

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the question Jonathan. Please read below and contact us in support if you need any help with how this works.

Our Roundtrip feature allows for our drawings to be exported to DWG, modified at another location in the DWG format and then imported back into SoftPlan with minimal or no loss of SoftPlan data from the original drawing. We actually send the original SoftPlan data within the DWG file. If areas of the drawing are left untouched when modified in AutoCAD, those areas will import back into SoftPlan in their original SoftPlan format.

The settings for how data is imported can be found in your System Options under 'Import Options'. We no longer ask the question upon import but rather use the settings that you have selected here. A video for the Roundtrip feature can be found here: 

Attached Files

• John Jones, Yvon Gonthier, Steve and Carla Farnam and 2 others like this

#6 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:05 AM

I stand corrected. I'm glad. Thanks Brent

#7 Jonathan Evans

Jonathan Evans

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

Thanks for all the info. I dont know why but it did not import correctly I will send in a ticket and find out if it is just how the engineer manipulated it or what happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users