3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirstin Lenhart

Kirstin Lenhart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis In

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:22 AM

I  have a floorplan that will have a 10' first floor clg height and a 9' second floor clg height. The great room is open to second floor. But I am now adding a bedroom over it making the great room clg height at 12'. With this raised clg the bedroom above will have an 8' clg ht sloped to 9'. The rest of the second floor will remain at 9'. I'll have steps gong up to this bedroom. How do I make this change happen in softplan for interior views? I am awesome with 2d but trying to make this work in 3d is making my hair fall out! Any suggestions would be helpful! My great room is an open concept to kitchen. I'll have a dropped beam running between kithcen and great rm. 

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Hi,

When you create the floor structures you can isolate the rim, joists and sub-floor you want to raise/lower and use a different floor "level". Softplan by default puts all the floor assemblies on level "1". Edit the components you want a different level number.

Attached Thumbnails

• FLOOR LEVELS 1.png
  • FLOOR LEVELS 2.png
  • FLOOR LEVELS 3.png

• Kirstin Lenhart likes this

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#3 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

You'll have to use 2 different floor systems on 2 different levels. When you edit the floor system there's a box for choosing the level-set the offset there as well.

• Kirstin Lenhart likes this

#4 Kirstin Lenhart

Kirstin Lenhart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis In

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

Thank you both!! Very much appreciated!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users