23 replies to this topic

#21 AJ Spino

AJ Spino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:56 PM

Neighbourhood has all the same advantages Randy. Except you don't have to build the symbols. Every project keeps all it's own finishes colours and textures. Even if you have two IDENTICAL houses, copying one to another project allows you to edit all the exterior colours and finishes. I'll do a bit more playing tomorrow lunchtime and see what I can come up with.

Keith, works exactly as you explained

Test Neighborhood.jpg

Another dumb user error...when I edited my work space I put in 500" not 500'.  After several frustrating days of not being able to make this work I finally found my mistake, once the new limits were set and I zoomed workspace I found several copies of my three houses stacked on top of each other...I hate when that happens.

#22 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Glad you got it sorted out AJ 

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#23 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

i'm still not clear on how you raise each of the buildings to different elevations

on the same site.

you mentioned the common tab to do this,  could you explain what you

do in the common tab (and what common tab are you talking about)

keith,  could you email me with your phone number

rpcdesign at aol dot com      /  put "softplan neighborhood keith"  in subject line

thanks,

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#24 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Randy,

It's really very simple ... When you invoke neighbourhood, it lets you add Houses (as full projects) to the neighborhood. The house has all the properties that it had in it's own project, and can only be edited in it's own project. However, whilst you are in the site plan that you have added the neighbourhood to, the individual houses behave like symbols. Where you edit a symbol and go to the COMMON tab, in this case you RIGHT CLICK on the individual house > EDIT and on the EDIT DIALOGUE box that comes up, there are two tabs, TAB ONE allows you to change the floor plan displayed etc. TAB TWO the COMMON tab, has OFFSET information, just the same as a symbol would have - when you edit a symbol ONLY the one you edit is changed. The same goes for the neighborhood house, when you edit the OFFSET on the neighbourhood house, RIGHT CLICK. EDIT > COMMON TAB > OFFSET, ONLY the house you are editing is given the offset - NOT any of the others even though they are identical houses (Same with symbols - even though they are all the same, they can be changed individually),

Just try it, Make a site etc. SEE POST #11 --- Give it a go --- It's more difficult to explain than it is to do! .... It also probably took me longer to type this than it will take you to make the neighbourhood.

You already have a site with a horse and a swimming pool that you can use, although you may have to clear the wreckage of the crashed jetliner out of the way first ... On second thoughts maybe try it out with a VIRGIN (Not the AIRLINE) site. That way you can add GRADES and OFFSETS and make it generally more complex as you want.

I do wish I had Softplan at home, that way I could do more experimentation ... Don't get time at the Office, work seems to get in the way of the FUN ....

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users