1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:22 AM

Here's an issue I hope that is just me missing something obvious that someone else may have seen before.  I've just recently noticed this in one or two projects but have not adjusted any material options (that I recall).  I've tried simple ideas like turning the splash board off/on, as sometimes I notice frieze boards need to be "refreshed" in 3D when a wall is edited.  Just can't figure out why these are extending into the exterior trim of the garage doors.  

FYI - this plan has a raised garage slab to align w/ the interior floor level, so the foundation walls, sill plate, and slab are on on a higher Level in floor mode.  Don't think this affects it, as I have other homes this way w/o this issue.  Although this seems to only occur on the garage walls, where the sill plate is raised.

Thoughts?

Thanks as always,

Attached Files

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs
Office: 919.630.1224

Your future is in our plans

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

It will also occur with any band.

Typically, this is always an issue where banding and trims (including corner boards) are the same thickness and overlap. Bands (including splashboards etc.) stop at the edge of the opening NOT the trim. My solution is to reduce the bands by 1/8" or increase the trim thickness by 1/8".

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users