2 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

I have several builders I work with that want a certain look to their plans. I need to be able to change the configurations (fonts, line weights, hatching and such) between projects. Is SAVING and LOADING System Options the way to go? If so, will someone walk me through how that is done. I have tried but can't seem to make it work.

Thanks,

Brad Johnson

#2 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

The only way that I know is to install it differently.  I had some that I called SoftPlan, UrbanLux-Softplan, etc.  

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

The SAVING and LOADING different system options is definitely the way to go, that's why it was developed.

I haven't had need to use it, but the idea is that you configure the system options the way that you want them as a system default, and then save them. You can then edit them to suit Client A and save them as Client A options. Then adapt them to suit Client B and save them as Client B options etc.

The thing to remember is that system options ONLY set a project/drawing to the chosen options at the moment you open the project/drawing. Once the project/drawing has been opened, the system options are completely irrelevant, and ONLY the Project and drawing options mean anything.

So you set the options you want and them create a project, that will have those options. Then you can load other system options and open another project. Once you return to either project they will be set up the same as the options that were in place when they were opened.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users