#1 Derk Burgers

Derk Burgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSioux Center, Iowa

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:15 AM

Does anyone use ReView with their clients in the planning stage?

I just started fiddling with it and was impressed with how easy it is...and was surprised by the Panoramas...I wasn't expecting full 360 degree views!

Are they handy to let the customer see exactly what they're getting or do they just cause the customer to over analyze and change their mind back and forth?

My employer just said the other day that we need to come up with a way to reach the younger generation, and from the little I've seen, this could be a great help in doing that.

It would be great to hear some of your thoughts!

Derk

• John Jones likes this

#2 David Bearss

David Bearss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationHood River, Oregon

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

First off I admit to being a newbie with SoftPlan but have 20+ with ArchiCAD plus other CAD platforms and specifically working with clients in 3d. Have learned to be very careful with the use of animations and photo realistic renderings especially in design stages. The more detail they experience the more they would get distracted from the phase of design we were at. I would make sure you were personally walking them through any 3D animations or renderings to make sure they stay focused on design aspects.

• Joseph Smith and Tom Rogers like this

#3 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

I love it, but have found my customer too reluctant to download an app.  I switched entirely to creating youtube videos.   But.....  with the advances in VR maybe i'm due to rethink my decision.

#4 Michael Collazo

Michael Collazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:02 PM

I never found use for it previously. As many have said, nobody wants to install. It was great in theory since it protected the design (for the most part). 

However, due to the popularity of Autodesk 360, and being able to share links  to 3D Revit models for instance, I was feeling left out. Then I realized that Review had gone through a lot of updates. And it allowed for navigation on ipads. I spent the time to model something, I want to get the most recognition for the effort. And hopefully more business...

Michael A Collazo

Planmark Design Studio, LLC

Tampa, Florida

http://planmarkstudio.com

info@planmarkstudio.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ReView, review, Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users