#301 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:56 PM

All, in the recent Lumion 11.5 release something is broken when reading the .FBX file.  See (1) for example.  See (2) for fix.  Another option is exporting model from SP in .SKP then opening in L.  No issues with .SKP files.

UPDATE 6/16/21.  I let lumion know that i posted the fix for this in the forum.  They asked that i retract it and that they deal with it on a case by case scenario.  Its all good.  When i contacted them about the issue it was solved rather quickly.  If you experience this issue send them an email.    customercare@lumion.zendesk.com

Attached Thumbnails

• (1).jpg

#302 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:14 PM

For those using Lumion, do you export into SketchUp first and then Lumion? Or are you going straight to Lumion? Do you need to manually change materials in SoftPlan to avoid some objects being inadvertently grouped together when they are ported into Lumion?

#303 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:53 AM

Export fbx from sp.  Then import into lumion.         No change needed in SP....but when in L you will reassign materials to higher quality.

#304 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:13 AM

LUM3.png The above image shows what I am referencing. Lumion grouped the tall porch wall in the same material group as the retaining walls, but they were drawn with 2 different wall types in SP. From what I can see, there is no way to manipulate each of those differently in Lumion now that they are grouped together, correct?

#305 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:57 AM

Set the wall type material different in each wall configuration.  You even have to do that in SP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users