#21 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

NIck, what we need is called "live sync".  A dream would be "live sync for softplan"

https://support.lumi...eSync-for-Rhino

• Nick Moorhead likes this

#22 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Allen! Appreciate the compliment  :)   I'm willing to help those who need help importing from SP to Lumion. There are some quirky things that still drive me crazy (such as the lack of live-sync) but for those who invest the time, the results are pretty impressive!

#23 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

I will post more picture once I figure out how to post on here....

#24 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Excellent work Nick!! This a phenomenal example of Lumion in action I was looking forward to viewing!

• Nick Moorhead and Allen McDonnell like this

#25 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:41 AM

Wow!

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#26 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

Nick, select "more reply options" then "choose file" after selecting hit "attach this file"....

#27 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Thanks everyone, here are a few still images I have made in Lumion. No photoshopping needed  :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Owner's Retreat.jpg
  • Deephaven Front.jpg
  • Loft.jpg
  • Night Elevation.jpg
  • design concept.jpg

• Heath Foster likes this

#28 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Great work on the interior lighting...that is one area that will take me some time to figure out.  So many settings on the lights.

#29 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Allen! Yeah its pretty overwhelming with the lights but I tend to use just once of the many patterns and just adjust the brightness (typ. 60-90) Most of the rendered lighting is ambient in Lumion through the 'skylight feature'. You have to adjust all the filters as well here is a great video to watch on those https://www.youtube....h?v=SHZ-ea3wK_Y

Good luck!

• Mark Petri and Heath Foster like this

#30 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

Nick, what texture are you using for the shiplap?  Or did you make a custom symbol?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1234.jpg

#31 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:43 AM

Here's one of our recent Lumion animations.  Again...only used for selling stock plans....I would never put this much time in a regular job...softplan capabilities are more than enough for most of my work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwa6CkjAxZc

• Nick Moorhead and Steve and Carla Farnam like this

#32 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Nick, what texture are you using for the shiplap?  Or did you make a custom symbol?

Allen, that is actually a native softplan texture from Softplan. I tend to mix and match textures between Softplan, Lumion and things I find online. 

#33 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

Softplan+ Texture File

Attached Thumbnails

• Cedar Creek LX Pro Lap Siding.jpg

• Joseph Smith likes this

#34 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

Here's one of our recent Lumion animations.  Again...only used for selling stock plans....I would never put this much time in a regular job...softplan capabilities are more than enough for most of my work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwa6CkjAxZc

Hey Sam nice video!  I am sure customers appreciate seeing your 3D work on your new plans.  Which version of Lumion are you using? Did you ever experiment with using the filters to bump up some of the "artistic aesthetics" of your renderings? They take some practice to get right, but once you are happy with them you can copy them from clip to clip. Love seeing people's work on here  :)

• Brent Hyndman likes this

#35 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Here is my latest 'monster' fresh off a 2 week render-cycle in Lumion! 6500 sq footer!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFMdNP6wkuc&list=PLXn0BIAhEOOXO_CcyexQsgN9GJNnKJBaK&index=17

• Brad Graber, Neil Paquette, Heath Foster and 2 others like this

#36 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

2 week render time...what is the file size?

#37 John Vanderwoerd

John Vanderwoerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

Incredible work Nick!

We just got Lumion. For those asking about it's ease of use, it's extremely simple to learn and you get pretty good renderings in very little time. Videos take a bit more time but I'm sure I will get quicker in time.

I just started doing a few videos myself. On the weekend I worked on my own house design and built a movie with sound. This video was probably about 6 hours of work in my maybe 20 hours of Lumion experience. https://www.youtube....h?v=u6GjXLh6LeY

I look forward to using it more!

• Nick Moorhead and Allen McDonnell like this

Rob

#38 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

2 week render time...what is the file size?

I usually break up my renders into clips (easier to spot errors and correct them that way) and each clips takes anywhere from 4-6 hours to render (on a GTX1080 video card) and I had 20 some clips on this one...so lots of rendering time for  sure!

#39 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

Im pretty excited.  Before my 7 day trial expired i had some really good results.  I already have committals from people wanting videos. Hope to be up and running early april when i get my new computer. 

#40 Nick Moorhead

Nick Moorhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

Incredible work Nick!

We just got Lumion. For those asking about it's ease of use, it's extremely simple to learn and you get pretty good renderings in very little time. Videos take a bit more time but I'm sure I will get quicker in time.

I just started doing a few videos myself. On the weekend I worked on my own house design and built a movie with sound. This video was probably about 6 hours of work in my maybe 20 hours of Lumion experience. https://www.youtube....h?v=u6GjXLh6LeY

I look forward to using it more!

Thank you Rob and great work on this one! I like how you used the ambient nature sounds with the music. Well done. Looks like you are off to a great start! I agree it is very easy to use and experiment with all the functions, like I see how you had some key-frames in there for the sky - these make cool 'time lapse style' transitions. Plus, the clip generation is waaaay more user friendly in Lumion than Softplan (unless they changed it in the new version, not sure) Good luck on your house and let us see some more of your work soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users