4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

I have closed and saved a project that I am sharing with another user.  When I view the file list, all the drawings are marked green indicating they have uploaded.  The project name still indicates a yellow symbol indicating it has not uploaded.  Shouldn't it upload ALL files, so the indicator should be green?  How can I force it to upload whatever is missing so they other user will get the correct revisions if he downloads it?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:43 AM

Is my question confusing, is there no issue, or is there no fix?

Dave

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

I have had mixed results with the cloud, so I moved all my drawings to Dropbox, so I am sure whoever I share with has access to everything in the folder I do. But that still doesn't help with certain things like textures and symbols sometimes. I think if you actually opened one of your projects on a different computer and took a screenshot you'd find the files are all there, just the system didn't fully update. Although, crashes can happen too. It is just a little unreliable for my comfort.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Jo-Anne Peck

Jo-Anne Peck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

I've been having this problem, too. Projects that have "Automatically Copy to SoftPlan+Cloud" are not being automatically saved anymore. It is very random as it doesn't happen to all projects. I try to save them manually when closing a project, but that's annoying. I've been checking in periodically to see if someone has an answer as well. 

#5 Michael Collazo

Michael Collazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:42 PM

I have had mixed results with the cloud, so I moved all my drawings to Dropbox, so I am sure whoever I share with has access to everything in the folder I do. But that still doesn't help with certain things like textures and symbols sometimes. I think if you actually opened one of your projects on a different computer and took a screenshot you'd find the files are all there, just the system didn't fully update. Although, crashes can happen too. It is just a little unreliable for my comfort.

I do both. I set my project folder in dropbox and I upload to the cloud.  I use the cloud for one engineer that I have that does use Softplan. I just enter his key number after I award him the project and he gets right to work. For my staff and or contract guys, I share the project specific folder from dropbox and share a template folder for general items. I haven't experienced any downside to working this way yet.

Michael A Collazo

Planmark Design Studio, LLC

Tampa, Florida

http://planmarkstudio.com

info@planmarkstudio.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users