#1 Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

I hvae something that I have been struggling for years.  Always trying to work around it but I supose I am not the only one.  On a typical porch I have an 8" boxed out column.  I have a beam above that sits on outside portion of the 4x4 inside.  Once you add the 1x column wrap and any skirt board and base mould the colum will typically be 1"-2" outside of the beam.  In order to get a lip around the column so that the column itself does not overhang the patio we pour our slab 6" outside of the beam.  However when I try to put in a slab it autimatically snaps to the beam.  I have tried turning off the clean up on the slab, drawing the adjustment point off the beam, etc. but it keeps going back.  There has to be a way to not allow that but I can't figure out where it is. 

Attached Thumbnails

• slab.jpg

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

Don't adjust the adjustment point, adjust the slab edge itself. Alternately if that doesn't work, put the vertical adjustment point down off the slab, and off everywhere (that way it can't snap to anything), and then adjust the slab edge. Obviously you can do the same with the horizontal ones too.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015.05.13_08h39m28s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

Aha.  Got it.  Thanks Keith. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic