5 replies to this topic

#1 Kylene Knepp

Kylene Knepp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSinking Spring, PA

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

A line shows between the top of wall and gable.  I have the roof generating the gable wall.  In the past I've just deleted it when editing the elevations. But with the new live elevations it shows.  Is there a way to get this line to disappear?Attached File  gable end.jpg   24.17KB   1 downloads

#2 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Following.....

#3 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

Edit the wall and click 'Fit to Roof' or try 'Fit to Soffit'.

It's a line separating 2 different surfaces. One is the gable surface and one is the wall surface. I just usually erase it.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

In 2020, if those surfaces are coplanar, then the line should not show anyway. Check that they are properly aligned, and that the roof is referencing the exterior wall correctly. Are they both the same finish?

• John Jones likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Kylene Knepp

Kylene Knepp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSinking Spring, PA

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:26 AM

Keith, the materials are the same finish.  I pulled a section of the gable wall and everything seems to line up.  I'm trying to figure out how to attach a picture of it.  But the gable end is just a single plane in line with the siding of the wall below.

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

You'll also want to ensure that the gable end is using the exact same siding as the wall. Using 'Siding A' on the wall with 'Siding B' on the gable will create a line.

If the issue still exists, please send us a ticket from the affected project and we will take a closer look. Thanks Kylene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users