#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:13 AM

Good Morning,

I need to place a column in my model that is two stories tall.  When I place it, the second floor deck is pushed up to the third floor.  I can move the second floor deck down, and that gives me what I am trying to do, but then I need to move each wall of my second floor down, one by one?  I guess I have two more questions:

1. Can I place an item in my model without it affecting how everything else stacks?

2. Can I block move a whole floor up or down?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:21 AM

Without examining you setup, make sure the right order in your model stack, use reference points,  and check your offsets.

• John Jones likes this

#3 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:31 AM

Thanks, Kevin, but I guess I'm not explaining myself clearly.  Everything stacks fine and looks fine with a one story column.  Now I need to make the column 2 stories tall, keeping my second floor stacked on the first floor as it is.  When I change the column height, everything is pushed up...

#4 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:36 AM

Maybe try putting your column on the upper story and offsetting it down???

#5 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Perfect Dennis!  Thank you!  45 minutes fussing with this and never thought of trying that.  I'll remember for next time...

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:12 AM

You should also be able to fix it by using a CIRCULAR REFERENCE POINT on all the floors, defining where they need to be stacked.

For any one who isn't aware, the CIRCULAR REFERENCE and only the circular reference point also has - for want of a better term - a height component that ensures correct stacking.

• Mark Petri likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

I always use the reference point starting on the foundation then do a edit/copy to softplan clipboard then paste/hold position on all the other floors.  That will stop things like that from playing with your other levels.  little trick Randy taught me about 10 years ago!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users