• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Fishtorn

Dan Fishtorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

Under System setting, there is now a drop down list where you can add multiple drawing templates. Is there a way to save these out to deploy on multiple computers? When I save the system setting and load on a different PC, only the one that was active comes in as default.

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

There should be a subfolder somewhere with those settings saved as some sort of template file. You can probably copy that folder

over to the other PC's....

#3 Dan Fishtorn

Dan Fishtorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Nice call, they added a folder call Drawing Templates under the softplan directory that houses the settings. 

• Jon Davis likes this

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

Under: File System Options- Archive, you will find we added the Drawing Templates to the list of items that can be archived then restored on the other system.

It's important to note that after the Restore is done you will be instructed to exit SoftPlan and restart. If you view the drawing template list before doing this step, you will lose the restored items.

#5 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

How about a video explaining the workings of templates system/project/drawing then explain how to properly make changes midway thru a project efficiently to your custom template.

Release 2020 tripled the complexity of this stuff.  For example i found something in drawing setup on a new drawing i wanted to have changed so decided to change it first by editing my system setup template.  Once i made the change, getting the actual drawing to change was almost an impossibly.  Somehow its changed and working ok on that particular drawing however no idea how to change it efficiently if i had to do it again.

Not sure how SoftPlan evolved this point from a few years ago with the complexity of setup and templates but it shouldn't be like this....would suck to be a new user trying to comprehend all of this.

An hour wasted trying to streamline my standards with system/project/drawing is far from an efficient.

• Allen McDonnell likes this

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#6 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Yes...this was a significant change.  Would be nice to have a very good video or free webinar going over this.

#7 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:07 AM

right, today i'm starting a new project and the system option file i spent a long time creating yesterday isn't there, it says default!  WTF

that said, i'm clueless on what happens to my setting in the project settings and drawing settings....its BS to create major changes then give limited info on how to use it.

• Allen McDonnell likes this

Joseph A. Smith

#8 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

Joe, i think there is an issue that after you select a project template it will go back to a different template.  I sent in a set of drawings to SP where it was doing that.

#9 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

Could be errors there Allen.  Would be handy to see a youtube video of how it supposed to work at all levels then what I need to do if I notice something that I forgot to add to my custom settings or want to implement to my system options.

Normally my stuff all looks about the same so system options matching everything else would work for me 99% of the time.

Joseph A. Smith

#10 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

I moved some documentation from the pre-release forum to this forum so that everyone can read it. Hopefully this helps everyone understand the features better.

http://softplan.com/...-documentation/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users