17 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:35 PM

Can anyone else duplicate this.....  Take a project, get your corner boards situated as you wish, for me this is the inside corner boards turned off the outside corner boards turned on.  Then edit a wall, click definition, then click ok in the drawing options edit wall definition menu.  Now watch all your corner boards on the model go back to default.  I have spent all day turning these on and off.  Why can't they simply stay as i set them.  It also happens anytime you change a wall type.... they go back to default, which is all on.

#2 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

Can anyone else duplicate this.....  Take a project, get your corner boards situated as you wish, for me this is the inside corner boards turned off the outside corner boards turned on.  Then edit a wall, click definition, then click ok in the drawing options edit wall definition menu.  Now watch all your corner boards on the model go back to default.  I have spent all day turning these on and off.  Why can't they simply stay as i set them.  It also happens anytime you change a wall type.... they go back to default, which is all on.

I don't have 2020 yet. Edit the wall and click on Trim/End Options, there you should be able to control the Corner Boards.

Rick

Attached Files

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

That's not the problem Richard. the problem is whenever you change the wall (either the definition, or actually replacing it), it puts the corners boards back in place, I agree with Brad, it's a PITA having to continually turn off corner boards because you changed something, and because you have LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN, it not a simple repeat edit ... it's a time consuming waste. Once a wall is in place, it should keep the corner board properties that have been set permanently. I've even though about turning them OFF and then only adding them once the project is complete.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:11 AM

If I remember right, you can set the inside cornerboard dimensions separate from the outside ones/ in 2020 (project options). If you set them to 0 it should fix your problem.

#5 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:02 AM

That's not the problem Richard. the problem is whenever you change the wall (either the definition, or actually replacing it), it puts the corners boards back in place, I agree with Brad, it's a PITA having to continually turn off corner boards because you changed something, and because you have LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN, it not a simple repeat edit ... it's a time consuming waste. Once a wall is in place, it should keep the corner board properties that have been set permanently. I've even though about turning them OFF and then only adding them once the project is complete.

I guess I didn't understand the question. That's why I'm waiting to get 2020, so that y'all can find 75% of the problems. There's still quite a few glitch's with 2018

Rick

#6 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Brad, I was unable to recreate the problem.  Are you using a custom wall or the siding wall that ships with SP?  I was using the standard wall.  I did lots of different things including what you suggested and my corner boards stayed as I put them.

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

Try drawing a wall - set corner boards to NONE ... Change wall to a different siding wall (e.g. 2" x 4" and siding to 2" x 6" and siding) ... Do the corner boards stay at none, or are they reset to default? Mine ALWAYS reset to default ON. Then I have to turn them of AGAIN and AGAIN, as the client decides what finishes he wants!!!

It mostly occurs where 2 different walls meet on the same plane, and there really wouldn't be a corner board, but Softplan adds then at ALL ends not just corners, it wouldn't be too bad if it was just corners!

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#8 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 11 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

I finally did get  the corner boards to change.   But it took 5-6 tries to finally get it to occur.

#9 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

Mine does it all of the time.  Most of my walls are custom and different variants of what softplan ships with, but I wouldn't think that should matter.

I had high hopes this upgrade would be able to "sense" the difference between inside and outside corner boards and go with some presets accordingly.  I know we can change the sizes of inside/outside boards.....However anytime a wall definition is changed or any changes made to the wall definitions everything resorts back to default which is all corner boards on.  

Rarely are inside corner boards used in my area.  so i'm stuck constantly turning them off.  Usually 3-4 times per project  (sometimes more).

I've been considering just using solids for corner boards, I think it could be a big time saver.  

#10 Jared Schrempp

Jared Schrempp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

Has anyone found a way around this yet? I've still been having this problem with the 2020 version and its really annoying. 

#11 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

If I remember right, you can set the inside cornerboard dimensions separate from the outside ones/ in 2020 (project options). If you set them to 0 it should fix your problem.

Thanks Henry.  That helps a lot.  I did not know you could do this.  I set mine to 0.  It stills shows up (a very small amount) but i can overlook it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  hb.jpg   80.16KB   0 downloads

#12 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

I had the same problem

Softplan needs to make it so we can edit inside and outside corners....     That way we can have outside corners on a wall and keep inside corners off..   it is a huge pain for us too.

Hopefully softplan will listen and fix/ update this in the next patch..

#13 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Brad - have you opened a ticket with support about this?  Sounds like something that needs fixed.

#14 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

Tim

I have opened a ticket on this matter before..  Response I got was it was forwarded to dev team...   Hopefully they do something about this

#15 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

If inside corners are set to ZERO, they are still there, they show because of their thickness in two directions ... Softplan should make it that a size of zero just doesn't display at all. 

Keith

#16 Jeffrey Elliott

Jeffrey Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Palestine, IN

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

I have had the problem that a brick wall meets a stucco wall and the stucco wall sticks out past the brick and causes a brown end on the render.  I cannot change the color at all and my render looks really cheap.

Jeff Elliott

New Palestine, IN

jeffelliott@me.com

NPI Consulting LLC

#17 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Have you sent us a ticket for the project Jeff? If not, please send one and we can take a closer look.

#18 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

Brad - have you opened a ticket with support about this?  Sounds like something that needs fixed.

i did spend a lot of time explaining this entire situation emailing tech support pictures back and forth back in version 14 or so.  This was 8-10 years ago.  I just kind of gave up I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users