#1 Neil Paquette

Neil Paquette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLudlow, MA

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

I am editing many openings for the renovation of a very large home and it is taking me forever.  Every time I click on a door to edit it, I have to wait several seconds before the edit window comes up.   When it comes up the door is shown as it would appear in 3D.   I believe this is what's slowing my progress down.  I found out early on after upgrading to SP 2018, if I turned off the 3D preview in the corner everything sped up greatly.  Also found similar when viewing symbols.  I keep only the right screen as 3D.      Lastly my computer is no slouch either.  I upgraded everything when I purchased it so this is the only speed issue I am having.

So here is my question.  Is there anyway to change the default preview when editing to Elevation instead of 3D?

Thank you very much.

Neil

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

Is there a couple of boxes along the bottom of the dbx with 2D and 3D in them?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Neil Paquette

Neil Paquette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLudlow, MA

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Yes there is.  I tried clicking the 2D button many times.  And it does change.  But it still defaults to the 3D view next time I click an opening to edit.  Complete with delay. 

#4 Neil Paquette

Neil Paquette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLudlow, MA

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

Problem solved.   Though I do feel a bit silly.   I reboot my computer around lunchtime and things are fine the rest of the afternoon.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users