David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

David:

I was waiting on King Kong to appear   lol....One question:  Did this house have a basement?   The one that I used had the house floating above the ground...but in SP, was set correctly....just a learning curve thing I am assuming...

Yes, the house has a full basement.  You highlight the whole house in the box on the upper right and then you can raise or lower your house to fit the terrain.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#22 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

I'm still on version 2018, do they have an option to export to SKP in 2020?  I did figure out how to fix the missing parts, but it would be nice to not have the cleaning up to do.

SoftPlan+: Exporting 3D Models in SketchUp Model Format

SoftPlan 3D Models can be converted into SketchUp Model (SKP) files. To do this:

1. Display the 3D model you want to convert.

2. Select File ® SoftPlan+ Publish ® Export SketchUp Model.

3. From the menu that opens, choose a location and name for the new .skp file.

4. Select ok

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#23 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Ks

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:52 AM

Here is the latest Tutorial Youtube Vid .....this is getting better and better

https://youtu.be/X_nkeKxfoJQ

• David Zawadzki likes this

Harlon G. " Buddy " Suttle
casekc49@gmail.com
CELL: 913-339-6242

#24 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Tried this out last night.  I am amazed at how quickly these render.  I did a 45 second movie clip at 4K resolution with over 150 trees, a large lake, moving vehicles and animals.  The 45 second clip rendered out in 7 minutes.  Quality was on par with what I have been able to do in Lumion.  I think the video card will make a huge difference with this. This is supposed to support the Realtime raytracing with Nvidia RTX cards later this summer.  I can't wait to try that out.  I see a ton of potential with this.

#25 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

After watching the 3rd video tutorial, imported a SP model that was exported as a SKP file and what a huge difference...then played with the site topo and OMG ....added a few landscape items, adjusted the lighting ....this is a really easy program to use....looking like a new video card purchase is in my future....

casekc49@gmail.com

#26 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Well, Anyone understand how to create a video ....I am a bit bewildered

casekc49@gmail.com

#27 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:47 PM

Another turtorial YOUTUBE vid....short, but a great tip...How to change the material and properties of a single item, even though thatbitem is part of a group....a real great feature
https://youtu.be/hv-6qs9uqzo

casekc49@gmail.com

#28 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

After you have everything looking the way that you want, click on the Medias biutton in the lower left portion of the screen.  It looks like the play button on a DVD player.  Then click on Video and then create.  Click on 'Create Clip'.  What you see on the screen will be the starting frame of your animation clip.  Navigate your view to show how you want your clip to look at the end and click on the + button to the right of the clip icon.  Then you can click in the clip length box to tell it how long you want the clip to last.  You can use the play button above the clip to see what the scene will look like.  Once you have the clip you want to render you can either create more clips or you can render.  To render the clip (or clips) click on the export button in the lower left hand corner of the screen (it is the bottom button.  Clip on the word 'Empty' next to the video button and you can select your clip or clips that you want to render.  Clicking on the 'More' button under the video button will give you options for rendering.  When you are ready just click on the 'Start Export' button on the bottom right of the screen and it will start to render.  I had it render 2 clips this morning, each was 45 seconds at full  HD and it rendered them out in 6 minutes.

#29 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Michael:

Tons of fun stuff to play with....still getting the hang of it, and even with my old video card, I am able to produce some amazing stuff....the link below is my first try at this and I was experimenting with all of the features to see how it works....thanks again for the help....

https://www.youtube....h?v=TL7bMCcG-9I

• Keith Almond and David Zawadzki like this

casekc49@gmail.com

#30 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

LOL....The first light snowfall....note that the trees have lost their leaves....except the pine

oops file was too big...oh well

Edited by Harlon Suttle, 19 May 2019 - 08:20 PM.

casekc49@gmail.com

#31 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

You can't use that link Buddy.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#32 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

LOL....The first light snowfall....note that the trees have lost their leaves....except the pine

https://www.youtube....h?v=8RSWeRYpL6g

casekc49@gmail.com

#33 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:48 AM

Here is the link to the next YOUTUBE vid for Twinmotion...a couple neat tips on adding and removing large amounts of stuff...to a landscape very quickly...plus a great tip on erase by selection large amounts of stuff quickly...The stuff can be from rocks to entire forests of several different items at once....very fast tip....

https://youtu.be/UP09YoCz9Ss

casekc49@gmail.com

#34 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:03 AM

Got a chance to play with this software a little more...

https://youtu.be/lNyoGinYaCs

It’s getting to be fun...

Softplan user since 1989

#35 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

Nice one David....one thing I have learned....with my system, I plan to only develop the absolute minium detail in SP, as the files get huge in a hurry....so, If I am planning on an exterior, I will not do a complete interior, framing etc, and if I am looking at interiors, just one room at a time....Kitchen, Bathroom etc....with that said, when I do reduce the SP export file, I can run TM at the highest ssetting and I am getting good frame rates...lol...a "green thumb" up....and the image files are simply stunning....I am starting to look at the animation of the PARTICULE textures in the furniture file...planning a bathroom scene with steam and running water from the shower....

casekc49@gmail.com

#36 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

The "smoke" texture is really cool....put it just below the chimney cap .....or in the barbeque grill....silly yet amazing how much the little things add...

casekc49@gmail.com

#37 Greg Cherry

Greg Cherry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationShelbyville Indiana

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Had a chance to play with Twinmotion the other day. I am sold on it. From Softplan to Twinmotion  in less then 1 1/2 hours. I hope Softplan has full real time integration with this in the next update. I may be holding onto my Lumion money after all

https://youtu.be/kQufwKh3-yU

#38 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Greg:

For some great HOW To vids....checkout the YOUTUBE channel and in this vid, it shows how quickly changes to a Sketchup model (softplan export) are synced in Twinmotion....plus he has several other good how to vids....

https://youtu.be/Nltqb66j38Q

Enjoy
  • Greg Cherry likes this

casekc49@gmail.com

#39 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

Form softplan to Twinmotion....thirty minute each for a image development....11x17 testing how Softplan imports an image into a planset drawing....results.....mindblowing easy....way to go Softplan.....Attached File  paola site plan with twinmotion.pdf   603.27KB   314 downloads

casekc49@gmail.com

#40 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 15 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

Here is a good video on the new enhancements in TM 2020 compared to TM 2019:

https://youtu.be/lWOofm10y1M

Softplan user since 1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users