#1 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

Recently upgraded to 2014.  I am supposed to be able to slope the garage floor.  I have found a short explanation of how to do that in the manual but just unable to understand it.  Help!

Jack Carson

Attached Thumbnails

• Garage Floor Slope.jpg

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Does this help at all .....

2015.05.27_22h10m05s_001.png

I assume pitch is fall per foot.

I'm not at a Softplan machine at the moment so bear with me ...RIGHT CLICK on the side of the slab you want to edit and choose EDGE EDIT. You should be able to CHECK the reference side edge. Not sure how to indicate downward slope, but try clicking on the opposite edge to the reference or something like it. I'll check it in the morning.

EDIT: As Martin said below, checking the reference edge automatically sets it as the high side and the pitch always goes down. Thanks Martin.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

Your explanation is correct. Click on the edge at the high end of the slope and edit edge. The default slope is 0.125" per foot.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#4 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Keith, I thought 2014 allowed us to slope the garage floor.  However I am not given that option in edge edit.  I'll check with tech support.Garage Slope.jpg

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

Keith, I thought 2014 allowed us to slope the garage floor.  However I am not given that option in edge edit.  I'll check with tech support.attachicon.gifGarage Slope.jpg

It's because you have a structural slab selected. Modify to non-structural and the check box for "Slope Reference Side" that appears on your post's attachment will be active.

#6 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

Thank Yvon, that worked.  I now have a sloped floor in the garage.

Jack Carson

#7 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:47 AM

You can also use a negative slope. I find it easier because I prefer to set the low point instead of the high point which requires more calculations. This way, I set my slab height to sit on my foundation check at the door and the slope goes up from that point up toward the rear of the garage (or porch).

A suggestion that I had made (don't know if it changed in 2016) was to have the possibility (option) to have only the top of the slab to slope, not the underside, for front porches because they sit on foundation walls that are straight, not sloped. Having top and underside slope is good for garage slabs.
  • Keith Almond likes this

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Typically I don't show garage slabs sloped, but that NEGATIVE slope idea is superb.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users