6 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:17 PM

I need to know how to shut off the softplan cloud.  It is causing my projects to be overwritten.  I don't recall turning it on

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

Project Options: check box in upper right

• Khoa Vo Anh Phan likes this

#3 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

Do I have to do it for every project?  I just recently joined softplan plus a few months ago.  To my knowledge I have never turned it on, but today I had a situation where it overwrote some things.  I would prefer to just turn it off alltogether... instead of trying to remember to shut it off on every project

#4 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Not sure if there is a universal turn off. It's just part of my routine when entering new project info to uncheck it. If you use a template and you have it unchecked there that would work as well.

#5 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Do I have to do it for every project?  I just recently joined softplan plus a few months ago.  To my knowledge I have never turned it on, but today I had a situation where it overwrote some things.  I would prefer to just turn it off alltogether... instead of trying to remember to shut it off on every project

It is turned on my default when you create a project.  There is no known way to default it to off, so you have to remember to turn it off every time.  I have had it turn back on several times so you have to watch over it very carefully.

I truly miss Autolisp.

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

Hi Brad.

We're not sure why you are seeing project being overwritten. Are you making copies of the projects outside of SoftPlan?

If you are making copies of projects, the proper method is through 'File- Save- Copy project to'. 

#7 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:40 AM

I have always stored my projects in my main folder system on my desktop outside of the softplan install folder.  The softplan project file is named "softplan" on every project.  My guess is that file became overwritten.  It did give me a notice that there was a newer verison of my project online and asked if I wanted to download it.  Unfortunately I said yes and it overwrote the information that is contained in the project file... such as materials, drawing order, etc...  I only recently started softplan + and I do not recall the little green dots being anything other then green on the start up page.  The other day some were yellow, i'm thinking it somehow started to upload them.  I would really prefer not to do that so I don't have files being overwritten.  Everything works just fine the past 10 years with my work-flow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users