#1 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

Part of the service I provide is an HVAC duct layout.  I always show my supply as green and the return as red.  I have a supply layer set up to print everything with a green pen and the return prints everything with a red pen.  In the past if I wanted to draw a 6" supply, I would draw a single line and offset it 6".  This line is drawn on the 'supply' layer and everything prints in the green pen.  However, being the lazy person I am, I thought I would draw a single line and change the width to 6".  Even though this line is on the 'supply' layer (where everything should print with a green pen), it prints as black.  The outline pen in the dialog box shows the correct pen but it is grayed out and I couldn't change it if I wanted to.  Just wondered what I'm missing here.  Any ideas???  Thanks!

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:36 PM

Did it somehow get assigned to a different building option? Did you try changing that pen to see if you can change the color for the layer? Is your PDF printer out of color ink? ;)

Or, is your real printer out of color ink? Just tossing out ideas.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

Edit the plan sheet to print in colour. The default setting is "off"

Attached Files

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#4 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:40 AM

Did it somehow get assigned to a different building option? Did you try changing that pen to see if you can change the color for the layer? Is your PDF printer out of color ink? ;)

Or, is your real printer out of color ink? Just tossing out ideas.

Checked everything but the pdf printer ink Mark.  I have to run to town to pick up some blinker fluid later today so I'll just grab some pdf printer ink while I'm at it. :D

• Keith Almond likes this

#5 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

Checked everything but the pdf printer ink Mark.  I have to run to town to pick up some blinker fluid later today so I'll just grab some pdf printer ink while I'm at it. :D

I have extra pdf printer ink.  Would you like me to just email you and emergency supply?

• Keith Almond and Dennis Asher like this

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

You're a very generous man Dennis  :D

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users