6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

I need my first floor framing plan to show the posts, beams, and walls that I have drawn on my crawl space plan, and show the floor joists that are on my first floor drawing (floor system mode).  Long time user, but first time doing structural drawings for a client.

Thanks for any tips.

Dave

#2 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

Saves my framing plan (just the floor system) as a drawing, put it on a unique layer, and put it in my crawl space drawing.  That works ok.  is there an automated way?  It is all in the model correctly...

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

Would using overlay drawing work for you?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

Not Really.  If I had control of the overlay (what mode is displayed, solid lines instead of dashed...) I could make it work.  Bringing the framing linework into the crawl plan works, but it is all there in the model... I just can't display it!

This seems like the logical way to show a first floor framing plan, with the crawl space walls, piers, beams, and floor framing, no?

#5 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

Not Really.  If I had control of the overlay (what mode is displayed, solid lines instead of dashed...) I could make it work.  Bringing the framing linework into the crawl plan works, but it is all there in the model... I just can't display it!

This seems like the logical way to show a first floor framing plan, with the crawl space walls, piers, beams, and floor framing, no?

This is why right now I draw the foundation plan. Then use Ceiling mode on top instead of the reverse with First Floor Plan and Floor System on the bottom.

• Dave Pazyniak likes this

#6 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

That's a good thought, Brian.  Thanks!

#7 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

I have a master drawing set up that only shows what I want for a floor plan called "Plan Name" Overlay. So, if I want the walls to show for a floor below, I can just add that overlay plan to the plan set page and align with whatever I want it to show up beneath. It is pretty simple once set.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users