3 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:29 AM

What are ya'll doing to add rowlocks to brick water tables, if you're not using the the half brick/half siding wall type?

Case in point, I'm working on a garage that will be 10' Brick wall first level, and siding second level. I'd like for the

rowlock to show in the model at the top of the wall. 

Don't really want to have to create a new wall type just to show it, In the past with brick column bases

I've just created a block using the solid feature and give it the appearance of brick w/ the surface feature. Bam. Brick Rowlock

around the top of my column base. 

That's probably going to be the quickest/easiest route here as well, just curious what others are doing

in cases like this.

#2 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:51 AM

Try using the banding command.

• Jon Davis likes this

#3 Mark Beard

Mark Beard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:15 PM

Agree w/ Jim.  Play around with Banding and I think you can get more control.  I do this for rowlock/solider courses at my foundation walls a lot and at material transitions like you described.  Just depends on what you need, but being able to "trace" it on the walls/beams where you need it helps.

• Jon Davis likes this

Mark Beard

LifeStage Home Designs
Office: 919.630.1224

Your future is in our plans

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Have you already tried adding a Frieze Board to the wall? Set it to be Inset and adjust the thickness so that it is just proud of the face of the brick at about 3.5".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users