#1 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

I don't know how many of you use shade paints, but I use them now more than I ever used to, and recently found something interesting that I don't believe is documented anywhere, and possibly not many people are aware of.

You see, my most used paint is a set of a couple of hundred colour images ... just plain colours, but they can be used to great effect to highlight area's. However, there's no apparent way to use an image as a shade paint.

I used to draw a paint break box inside my shade break boundary, paint inside the paint break box and then edit the paint to be a shade, and finally delete the paint break box.

But ... recently, I've accidentally discovered a much quicker way ...

Select PAINT LINES and choose a paint pattern, and then check the shade paint box. Then WITHOUT painting anything select PAINT IMAGE ... and this is the undocumented part ... as long as you don't do anything except PAINT, the previously UNUSED "SHADE  PAINT" checkbox remains active, so you can use IMAGES and MODEL PAINT as shades without any intermediate steps.

Who knew ... ?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

I'm curious to see an example drawing that contains your shade paint if you don't mind?

• Dave Pazyniak and David Zawadzki like this

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:14 AM

All my elevations are done with shade paints ... Image and Model paint ... See this thread - http://softplan.com/...-paint-tutorial

This floor plan for example was done to clarify the required heights and thicknesses of foundation wall concrete required, so that it didn't get screwed up ...

Attached File  2019.06.20_12h05m29s_001_.png   293.51KB   11 downloads

This is a PDF taken from the final blueprint.

• Derk Burgers likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

works in 2016 also, .. thanks for the tip Keith

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shade, Paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users