#1 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

It would be nice if we could set the default for exterior trim on openings to be through rather than mitered. I know of nobody, around were I am at, that does mitered exterior trim.

• Warren Ducote, Allen McDonnell and Jon Davis like this

#2 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

Agreed.

We can now change the System Default trim for Openings in 2020 (unsure if this is doable in other versions). Once changed a New project will reflect these changes. Choose DEFAULT EXTERIOR TRIM Under the Exterior Trim tab and it will use your default setting.

However, If you would like a Different Size trim from your default, You have to click the Custom Exterior Trim and change the drop down from Miter to Through, etc...

It would be nice to be able to Control the Custom Exterior Trim Default at the System Level as well. Hopefully soon.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

As far as I'm aware, you CAN set CUSTOM EXTERIOR TRIM as a DEFAULT at system at system level, so that the trim is set as through rather than mitred. I haven't tried it, but the option appears to be there.

• John Jones and Jon Davis like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

As far as I'm aware, you CAN set CUSTOM EXTERIOR TRIM as a DEFAULT at system at system level, so that the trim is set as through rather than mitred. I haven't tried it, but the option appears to be there.

I thought so too... Don't open a drawing, go to system options, find the opening trim options and set it there. That should set it as default.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users