#1 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

I am having a problem that I really hope someone can help me with. Reinstalled SoftPlan on a new computer build and I am now getting an Error 712 message – That the time was set to an earlier time than the last time that I used SoftPlan. Of course, on Friday afternoon, SoftPlan is closed and I have a customer coming tomorrow afternoon to work on their home. Does anyone know how to correct this error?

#2 Steve Haarmann

Steve Haarmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

This is not the same error code but  I have heard of this before.

The following is on the SoftPlan  FAQ page ...

I am getting the following error when I start SoftPlan: Error 711: “The system clock on your computer has been incorrectly modified. To correct this problem, you must correct your system clock and contact SoftPlan Systems for a reset code.”

This error is typically caused by moving the key between two systems with different system clock settings when installing to the system with the earlier time. To correct, determine the time difference between the systems, remove the key and wait for the time difference or longer to pass before installing the key again. To avoid this in the future, ensure that the system clocks are matched prior to installing the key on multiple computers.

• John Jones likes this

#3 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:21 AM

Last night I completely erased SoftPlan from my computer. I went into the registry and removed every mention of SoftPlan. Reloaded SoftPlan and the program still would not fire up. Totally frustrated, I shut the computer down and even turned the ACP off so that the unit was completely dead. I finally went to bed about midnight. This morning when I woke up, I turned on the ACP and turned on the computer. After booting up, I tried restarting SoftPlan and low and behold, it came on.

Thank You Jesus!

I did not want to call my customer that has a meeting  scheduled  this afternoon and have to cancel because of a key that has an issue with a clock!

Rest assured that Monday morning I will be calling Tech Support and we will be discussing this issue. To be honest I am more than pissed off!!

No way should a program of this caliber shut you out because a key thinks the time is wrong. This has got to be corrected within the software / key or SoftPlan need to keep Tech Support open 24/7!!!

Did I mention that I am Pissed Off!!

#4 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

Sorry for your frustrations. I Agree with 24/7 tech support suggestion. We are burning the midnight oil trying to keep up with the demand. Any help after hours and weekends would be really nice.

• Warren Ducote likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users