#1 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:12 AM

I am hoping that some of you could see if you can duplicate my problem. My keyboard arrow keys do not seem to be working correctly.

This is the issue that I am having is this:

If I go to “System Options” and turn off “Enable Keyboard Shortcuts”, my four arrow keys on the keyboard work fine. Of course, with this turned off, none of my Keyboard Shortcuts work.

If I go back to “System Options” and turn on “Enable Keyboard Shortcuts”, my Keyboard Shortcuts work, but my four-arrow keys on the keyboard no longer work correctly. If I click on an object and attempt to move it to the left, up or down, let’s say 36” I get an error bell when I hit one of the arrow keys. For some reason the “Right” arrow key works correctly but the up, down, and left gets me the error bell.

I have tried three different keyboards from two different suppliers, and all three have the same issue.

I have also reloaded the drivers for the keyboards and nothing changes.

I do have a ticket into tech support but was wondering if anyone could duplicate the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

Have you looked in the list of shortcut commands to make sure they are still

programmed to move?

#3 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

Have you looked in the list of shortcut commands to make sure they are still

programmed to move?

Jon, I am not sure where to look for that. I am in Keyboard Shortcuts but I don't see that.

#4 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:47 AM

Jon after your post and a reply from tech support, I went to the Keyboard Shortcuts and the cursor keys were not assigned. I made corrections and everything is working fine. I did not associate the Cursor Shortcuts with the arrow keys but they do effect the arrow keys. Thanks for your help. 

I just recently built a new computer and reloaded Softplan and that is when I started having keyboard issues. Slowly but surely I am getting things back to normal. Thanks again.

#5 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

Yep... You got it! You can dig down in there and customize, make you're own keyboard shortcuts. I have modified mine a little so that several of the drawing comands

I use frequently are on the left side of the keyboard (because I draw w/ my mouse using my right hand). So using keys on the left side where my left hand sits, 

I can draw more efficiently. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users