#1 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

I would like to hear some of your experiences with Bluebeam, a software that allows you to markup and modify PDF's.

I currently have Adobe Acrobat Standard, which allows me to do some of that - but I find it a little bit limiting.  Wondering if it's worth the cost to get Bluebeam?

And are there any unique uses where Bluebeam and SoftPlan sync up nicely?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

#2 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

I've used it, not overly impressed with it. I find with SoftPlan 2020, I can do any modifications needed there.

#3 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

Paul,

I started using when it was free and found it quite useful.  Just like everything else electronic, it started somewhat simple and with the added stuff over the years...not so simple now.

I used it for takeoffs and tied it to my Timberline Estimating and now marking up drawings mostly. 

Haven't used Adobe for years.

Different strokes for different folks.

Mike Adams

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM

I love it. We use it, our estimator uses it a LOT. I love using it for making quick notes on plans as opposed to having to open up softplan and make a note, and then reproduce the drawings. It's also great for putting PDFs together or taking them apart.

#5 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Thank you all for your thoughts and input.

#6 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:40 AM

What about using SoftPlan review for what you are asking?
  • Bruce Roorda likes this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#7 Bruce Roorda

Bruce Roorda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:06 PM

When I worked for a commercial contractor, we used Bluebeam extensively for takeoffs and estimating. I was not impressed with the CAD funtionality and didn't use it. PErsonally, I wish SoftPlan would put more effort into SoftPlan Reveiw and would love to see Softplan Studio developed further to integrate into the SoftPlan platform.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users