• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Preeshl

Jay Preeshl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

Can somebody tell me when I send a plan set to my HP T120 to print a 24x36 it prints the whole page, border and all but is 10+- by 36.

I do not change a thing and it prints out 24x36 perfectly as many times as I want. I am using version 2020. Thank you.

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Are you printing fit to page?  Also check to see if anything on your drawing is outside of the border area.  To find out to a zoom extent.  If it zooms much beyond the border then you have something outside the border.

#3 Jay Preeshl

Jay Preeshl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Kevin, yes I have print to page checked. The thing that is baffling me is it does it on any page I send to printer. It only does it one time when I first turn on the printer and the first item through is elongated. I check settings, do not change a thing and it prints correct. I have had this printer 3 years. 

#4 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:25 PM

Have you looked to see if your printer driver is up to date?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#5 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

That is strange.  Do you shut down your printer and computer or leave them on all the time?  Or do you leave one of the them on and the other not.  Seems if the printer is not initializing properly if it is the first print on startup but could think of why that would be.  Check for updated driver as suggested.  Try using the driver from the HP site.  Keep us posted if you find a solution.

#6 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

I have the HP T520 which is big brother to T120.  Anyhow, print to .pdf THEN print the .pdf to the printer.  See if you can rule out SP as an issue.

Only print error from T520 that took awhile for me to diagnose:  Paper sensor on the print head was dirty or something so couldn't read the roll size so wouldn't auto rotate my sheets.  Once I cleaned off the sensors it worked flawless once again.

Please post back a solution if you find one!

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users