#1 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

What are the steps in creating a drawing template for a plan set page? Save as a Template is available in the Drawing Option when you're in a drawing, but not in the Drawing Options when you're in a Plan Set page. The first attachment is when you're in a drawing and the second is when you're in a Plan Set page.

Rick

Attached Files

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:55 AM

You have to build one, add all your sheets to it, then right click & "edit" on the name of the planset... there should be a box to save that set

as a template.

#3 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

You have to build one, add all your sheets to it, then right click & "edit" on the name of the planset... there should be a box to save that set

as a template.

When I save it as a Template, then open that Template up the Drawing Name and Scale reverts back to the Project settings, not what I set them up as before I saved them as a Template. I guess I'll have to create a new Project for that particular Plan set and save it as a Drawing Template, then I can select that Drawing Template when I edit the Plan Set Page. They need to have that option of saving as a Drawing Template when you edit the Plan Set Page, like when you're in a Drawing. as you can see from the attachment you don't have that option to save it as a Drawing Template. It works when you are using a Arch-C or D page. It doesn't work on a Letter or Legal size paper.

Hope this makes since.

Rick

Attached Files

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:14 PM

Yeah that's a common problem we've brought up and are hoping they will fix in a patch, or at least by version 2021....

It sucks. you have to set the scale every time. 

You can however... Name your drawings let's say. Elevation - Front ... and.. Main Floor Plan etc...

put them on the sheets, and Then save the template. Then when you create a new drawing, and you have an Elevation - Front and a Main Floor Plan in that new drawing,

when you pull in the plan set template you saved, it will automatically put those drawings on the sheets you had them on in the template. USUALLY at the scale previously used, but 

not always. 

#5 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Yeah that's a common problem we've brought up and are hoping they will fix in a patch, or at least by version 2021....

It sucks. you have to set the scale every time. 

You can however... Name your drawings let's say. Elevation - Front ... and.. Main Floor Plan etc...

put them on the sheets, and Then save the template. Then when you create a new drawing, and you have an Elevation - Front and a Main Floor Plan in that new drawing,

when you pull in the plan set template you saved, it will automatically put those drawings on the sheets you had them on in the template. USUALLY at the scale previously used, but 

not always. 

I'm creating a new project and setting the Project and Drawing Options to what I want for a Letter and Legal size Page and then saving the Drawing Options as a Drawing Template called Plan Set(Letter) with the Drawing Name & Scale to a smaller size. I think its going to work like I want it to. I'll let you know.

Rick

• Jon Davis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users