8 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Roorda

Bruce Roorda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:17 AM

Anyone using Softplan Reveiw with their clients? It's been a while since I haven't since updating to 2020.

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:24 AM

We are working on it. Haven't actually put it into use yet but I've been trying it out. It's lacking in a few areas. I don't like the way it does notes/redlines. I wish you could just cloud

something and make a note on the plan. Instead it puts little bullets or markers on the plan and you have to click on it for the information.

• Bruce Roorda likes this

#3 Bruce Roorda

Bruce Roorda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

We are working on it. Haven't actually put it into use yet but I've been trying it out. It's lacking in a few areas. I don't like the way it does notes/redlines. I wish you could just cloud

something and make a note on the plan. Instead it puts little bullets or markers on the plan and you have to click on it for the information.

I agree. When SP originally launched it, I think they were on to something (same with SP Studio), however, it appears they have done little to bring SP Review up to being a viable "review" and mark up tool. I tried the current version with 2020, ans couldn't zoom a Arch D Site Plan well enough for plan review purposes. I would venture a guess if few are using it, there is little need for SP to invest time and resourcesa Plan Review tool.

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:01 AM

For now I plan to just use the 3D model part of it so my boss can show clients the model when he meets with them.

• Bruce Roorda likes this

#5 Danial Anderson

Danial Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:45 PM

I have tried it recently on 2 projects and it was somewhat useful for tracking changes requested by the client. I think SP needs to promote it more and give it a bit more attention. then I would use it more.

• Jim Johnson, Bruce Roorda and David Zawadzki like this

#6 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:13 AM

I'm afraid that most of my building clients could not master its use.  Many have very poor computer skills.

• Warren Ducote, Tom Rogers and Jon Davis like this

#7 JASON BURMEISTER

JASON BURMEISTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:03 PM

I have used review a few times on zoom meetings where I did the redlining and notes as we talked about changes and it went well. However I found that you can not use a plan set in review, you must do each individual floor plan in order to zoom in and out properly. My hang up has been trying to get a 3D rendering to work, when I open the review file of the render it's a blank screen. Not sure what is wrong......

• David Zawadzki likes this

#8 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:09 AM

I export a SketchUp model with section cuts and views set up the way I want the client to see things, then they can download the free viewer and either just click through the scenes or explore it as much as they want. Most really like that. It is way more available and intuitive for them than review. Seems SoftPlan has decided SketchUp is a good add-on for their stuff. It would be nice if they either upgraded (significantly) their review program or made it so their system worked seamlessly with something like SketchUp's free viewer.

• Gary McKeon likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#9 JASON BURMEISTER

JASON BURMEISTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 02:11 PM

Ok so I guess googling for Softplan Review will lead you directly to an old version which will not load the render file. So make sure you go to the Softplan website and manually navigate to the review page to get the current version.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users