7 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:21 AM

I can't find a way to raise the gutter.... I need the top of my gutter to be pretty much even with

the top of my fascia.... Otherwise my model looks weird and my dimensions don't work out correctly. 

SP Is this something we can get added in a patch? The ability to adjust gutter positioning? Or is it there and I just can't find it?

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

I don't understand why your model would look "weird" or why gutter location has anything to do with dimensioning?

#3 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

I don't understand why your model would look "weird" or why gutter location has anything to do with dimensioning?

Well, I'll try to explain it as quickly as possible.  In order to correctly layout your cornice/entableture the top of the gutter needs to be aligned with the top of the fascia. The distance from the frieze board to the outside of the gutter (In this case ~8-9") must equal the distance from the top of the fascia to the bottom of the bed mold. 

If I can't move the gutter up to the top of the fascia in my model, then it won't match the details. I know in the world of construction details are the driving factor not the elevations however, the architect that reviews my plans for this neighborhood is a STICKLER for detail, regardless of weather it's an actual detail, or the elevation. 

So I'd prefer to be able to make my model match what's in my details. But Softplan makes that difficult in that I can't move the gutter, and adding bed mold under my soffit is a huge pain in the arse.

It should look like this when your done:

Attached Thumbnails

• Entableture.jpg

#4 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:55 AM

Interesting. I hear ya' regarding the unnecessary stickler to stuff that really doesn't matter but what can you do? An option would be to turn off the gutters and just do linework. For the side views insert a symbol instead. Not the best solution but it can keep you moving. 

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

Doesn't the gutter "FALL" anyway. Our gutters generally are NOT laid level.

• Allen McDonnell likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Try making a CUSTOM gutter profile that has a 1/8" long line where you want the bottom of the fascia, so that it lines up and the predominant gutter is raised accordingly. Say you want it raised 2" then explode the standard gutter profile add a 1/8" line 2" down below it and then save the profile as "Gutter - Raised" or whatever you need.

IGNORE ME ... That didn't work either ... ! It appears to set from the top down NOT the bottom up.

• Jon Davis likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Steve Haarmann

Steve Haarmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:29 PM

Leave off the gutters and draw them in using Draw > Detail > Fascia

You can control the location of the gutter on the fascia.

You can also edit the ends of the fascia to show gutter corners.

• Jon Davis likes this

#8 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

Leave off the gutters and draw them in using Draw > Detail > Fascia

You can control the location of the gutter on the fascia.

You can also edit the ends of the fascia to show gutter corners.

I'll try it, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users