4 replies to this topic

#1 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

How do you set up your opening schedules? We have a separate drawing A109 Schedules and we create a separate door and window schedule for each floor. Since SP only allows for one opening  schedule format default we find ourselves creating a new door schedule every time. Not horribly tedious but when you are doing 27 town homes with 4 models and 3 elevation options it tends to be a pain any suggestions? 

Thank you in advance for your support :)

Gene

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

I've never had much luck with them. I haven't tried since I upgraded to 2020+ but.... 

I never could get it to work like I Wanted. It was supposed to group like items, and it wouldn't. 

#3 Paul James

Paul James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:50 AM

I have schedules set up on a drawing I use in every project- set up with separate schedules for interior, exterior door, windows- just copy into each project and/or drawing and regenerate-

#4 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

How do you set up your opening schedules? We have a separate drawing A109 Schedules and we create a separate door and window schedule for each floor. Since SP only allows for one opening  schedule format default we find ourselves creating a new door schedule every time. Not horribly tedious but when you are doing 27 town homes with 4 models and 3 elevation options it tends to be a pain any suggestions? 

Thank you in advance for your support :)

If I am understanding your question correctly you should be able to generate a schedule with just current drawing.  In the case you are describing I would put the schedule off to the side and then (if desired) create a new sheet in your plan set to insert the floorplan and crop accordingly.  

• Danial Anderson likes this

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#5 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

we have the same issues..   We do separate door and window schedules for each floor and and have it on the floor plan..   Softplan needs to be able to template more than one type of opening schedule.

What we do is have a drawing called xx-door and window schedule.  Each schedule is set up how we want it.  Then we just copy and paste it in the drawing. and once you do a clean up your good to go..  (see attached)

Also the big issue we have is combo units.   Softplan has no way to tell the difference between windows and doors in that.   They need to have a combo unit windows and combo unit doors.

We have to then use an edited schedule if we have a combo unit window and combo unit door on the same drawing...   This defeats the point of the schedule auto generating if something changes..

Attached Files

• Brent Putney likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users