4 replies to this topic

#1 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:55 AM

I can not seem to get a site plan to import I have moved it reduced size and adjusted the reference point and still ca't seem to get it to import. 

Gene

#2 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:00 PM

Hi, Check to see if layers were added from the source DWG file. They would be added to the end of your layer list and would be turned off by default.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#3 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:04 PM

If nothing happens, ie: you click the import seems to go through the motions and you are left with  a blank screen and no import message, it could be the version of AutoCAD you are receiving from, export in an earlier version and see how it works.

#4 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:21 PM

Check to see that the drawing you are importing is drawn close to 0,0,0.  It may cause problems if it is draw very far away.  If this plan was drawn by a surveyor there is a good chance that it may be drawn a mile or more from 0,0,0.  I often get them that are drawn that way from surveyors.

There are several free softwares that will read and write dwg files that you can use if you don't have autocad to fix the file.  Or someone on this forum can get the file from you and fix it for you.

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:22 AM

If you're still having trouble with the file importing, please send us a copy to take a look.

• John Jones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users