4 replies to this topic

#1 gary wood

gary wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:01 PM

Just installed Softplan 2020 I'm a neophyte . When I add auto roof to a simple drawing it doesn't appear in Softlist. Include in Sopftlist is checked 

• Allen McDonnell likes this

#2 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

Gary before any materials show in softlist you will have to frame the roof, add materials, the

auto roof just establishes the roof material boundaries, nothing there to count.

#3 gary wood

gary wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Ok Got it .thanks for your time

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

Steve is right, you have to add the framing, which it will do automatically as well. On your plan,  under the "roof" section, there's a tab that says "framing" click that, then "auto stick frame"

You'll need to go into project settings first though and set the spacing you want for your rafters or your count will be wrong in softlist. 

This can be done locally (this project only) or system wide... 

For this drawing only go to the file button, top left corner. > Drawing options >Drawing options>use custom drawing options>material dimensions>roof options>and set framing spacing to whatever your contractors usually frame (default is 16" OC)

To do this system wide, you will need to close your drawing, and repeat the same steps however start with System Options>System Options> etc..... This will ensure going forward that any new project you create will use the new framing spacing you want. It will not however, change already created projects. You'll have to use the steps above to change them.

#5 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

Just installed Softplan 2020 I'm a neophyte . When I add auto roof to a simple drawing it doesn't appear in Softlist. Include in Sopftlist is checked 

Neophyte....Nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users