3 replies to this topic

#1 JEREMY MILLER

JEREMY MILLER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

Does anyone have a way to merge the Room Schedule and Opening Schedule to create a live/automated Light & Vent schedule? It's something I have to show locally for code requirements and with all that information already existing in SP, I'd LOVE to have it combined! Meaning, Room Name, Area, Opening, Glazing Area, Opening Area, Tempered Glass, egress, and count.

Thank you,

Heather

Attached Files

• RUSSELL LITTEN likes this

Heather Baldwin, AIBD, CPBD

heather@baldwinlakedesigns.com

(801) 652-3117 Cell

#2 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:14 AM

Room ID (not Room Label) & Egress can be added to the Opening Schedule you attached.  You could use the "Comment" field under the "Common Tab" of the openings to manually input the room area and include it in your schedule when completing your Con Docs.  Repeat Edit would get you through a room pretty quickly.  The "Link" field could also be used in this manor.  

• JEREMY MILLER likes this

#3 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

Can you create a table with what you want, then create the various schedules and cut/copy and paste into your created table?  Haven't tried it.

• Heath Foster likes this

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

I'd be very careful in using any daylight or venting information from the SP libraries directly. Verifying or updating per the manufacturer's site would be good. Often there are discrepancies with rough opening information and other sizing with the manufacturer's libraries in SP.

For example, when I look at the Pella Architect Series 4129 awning window SP says it has a glazing area of 5.8 sqft, but Pella's documents say it is 6.0 sqft (visible glass). SP says the opening area is 8.3 sqft (which I guess they are counting it as the total area as 41" x 29" = 8.256 sqft). Pella says the ventilation area is 5.5 sqft. So, you'd have to dig up that information anyway. Granted, if you are close, your building department may not split hairs, but I personally wouldn't risk the liability.

Often we defer to the manufacturer's information and suggest the window supplier give the final schedule to include with the plans. More and more municipalities are requiring it as part of the plan set, as you mentioned.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users