• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dean Howland

Dean Howland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 10:14 AM

I am trying to add Zip R Sheathing to the add material drop down list found in wall definition table. I have the materials in Softlist materials. Can anyone help me?

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

Usually I just pick a similar material when building a new wall.  Can you not just use the sheathing option and note that it's ZipR in this situation? Or do you have 2 different wall types where you're using standard sheathing in some area's and ZipR in others?  I can't find a way to add a new material. I looked through the system folders too, to see if I could find where all the materials are saved to see if I could modify one but I can't find them... Maybe someone else knows.

For other's looking add materials to a wall, that might not know how:

Open up the wall edit dialog box. Save the existing wall you're starting with as a new wall. 

You'll see all the materials listed, there's a button that says add material... it will insert a new option into the list. Pick the drop down and select the material you're wanting to add to the wall system. Input it's thickness and height. You'll have to arrange it in the list by the distance from the outer most portion of the wall, to the face of this material. and the subsequently push all the following materials back by that thickness. 

You'll see it in the dialog box. Let's say you have a brick wall and you're brick is 3" thick Then your next material is air space we'll say 1" thick, in the horizontal start box you'll put 3" b/c you want it to start behind the brick. Then you're sheathing will go in and let's say it's 3/4" thick, you'll want to put in 3/4" for thickness and horizontally it will start 4" in (3 for brick, 1 for airspace)

Then your stud wall, it will start horizontally at 4.75" in... and so forth... 

Hope that helps!

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 10 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

I use the sheathing thickness to so I can use Softlist to count everything 1/2" is OSB, 1" and 1-1/2" are rigid foam, you could use any thickness you want to differentiate between materials.

• Jon Davis likes this

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users